Sunday 17 February 2013

Barefoot Running Part 3 v.2 - Make Your Own Barefoot Shoes

So, for about four days now I have been trying to load a post on barefoot running shoes.
For some reason, blogger just does not want you to have it. It has been refusing to save or publish, and also happens to crash my computer.

Yes, it is really, really annoying. Really annoying.

So while I continue to work out these minor issues, I thought I would share with the more diehard barefoot running fans among you (or those who just like making stuff) a video on how you can make your own barefoot running shoes.

They are based on Huaraches, the sandals worn by the Tarahumara, a tribe of ultra runners in Mexico, made famous to current culture through the book Born To Run.

This video is in three parts, so enjoy. (Also, I think looking at the guy presenting gives you some insight into the type of people that like barefoot running and making their own shoes... obviously haircuts is not part of their style.)

Part 1:
Part 2:

Part 3:

Cool, huh?

And you thought it was hardcore to buy Vibram FiveFingered shoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment